Solomon Schechter Academy is the leading elementary school in Montreal that develops students who are creative thinkers and future leaders with strong Jewish values. Solomon Schechter Academy lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning and instills a passion for excellence and Jewish traditions.
Members of our team embody our core values:
- Tikkun Olam
Solomon Schechter Academy is seeking a crossing guard to start immediately. The successful candidate must be available on all school days for two shifts:
- 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Occasional variance in hours according to school early dismissal schedule include Fridays from November to March from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM instead of 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM.
You will be responsible to ensure that our students can cross the street safely.
If interested, please contact our Director of Finance & Operations, Jim Goill.
Lunch & Recess Monitor
Monday to Friday position from 9:30 AM to 2:45 PM.
The morning recess runs from 9:40 AM – 10:40 AM. The staggered lunch hours begin at 11:30 AM and end at 1:30 PM. The afternoon recess runs from 1:45 PM to 2:45 PM.
The Monitor ensures that the students walk to recess and lunch appropriately, sit and eat with their lunchtime supervising staff member in a reasonable manner, and get ready to go to class following our timetable. The Monitor engages with students outdoors during recess, supports positive interactions among students on the playground, and keeps a watchful eye on all students in order to ensure healthy play and prevent issues from escalating.
The emphasis is on maintaining a positive, kind and respectful environment, knowing that lunch and recess are times when students require clear structure and guidelines to follow the routines.
Interested candidates must have prior experience with young children ages 5-12 in a school, camp, or coaching environment.
Please submit your candidacy to our Vice-Principal, Darra Lang.
Solomon Schechter Academy is seeking Teaching Assistants for the French and Hebrew Departments.
Must be fluent in French or Hebrew (speaking and writing)
Must have experience working with young children.
Hebrew Department: Please submit your candidacy to the Director of Judaic Studies, Chani Cohen.
French Department: Please submit your candidacy to the Director of French Studies, Judith Dahan.
Director of Development
Working directly with the Assistant Head of School of Solomon Schechter Academy, the Director of Development is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program to secure financial resources to support the school’s mission and vision, through the Solomon Schechter Academy Children’s Foundation. The Director of Development is accountable for activities associated with the design, organization, implementation, and evaluation of individual and corporate giving, partnerships and sponsorships, planned giving, grants, alumni relations and special events.
- Support the Assistant Head of School in the planning and growth of annual fundraising.
- Coordinate all fundraising activities within a two-tiered strategy that focuses on both major gifts and community participation.
- Strengthen community engagement and build relationships among key stakeholders: parents, alumni and staff.
- Develop an alumni relations structure and program.
- Assist in the planning and execution of activities for the school’s 50th anniversary in 2019 and 2020.
- Maintain the school’s fundraising database and ensure data integrity across multiple suppliers including FinalSite, COBA, Raiser’s Edge, Net Directories, Constant Contact.
- Collaborate with database support and archive staff in building the alumni relations program and the archives in the context of the school’s 50th anniversary and beyond.
- Plan and attend occasional evening and weekend events.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications in the production of key marketing materials to support the Foundation and fundraising needs.
- Report on advancement activities.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma.
- 3 to 5 years of experience fundraising for nonprofits. School experience is an asset.
- Experience in managing advancement and alumni relations.
- Knowledge of database software.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with committee members, alumni, parents, administrators and faculty.
- Excellent written English, as well as verbal and communication skills. French is an asset.
- An innate ability and/or effective strategies to stay organized and timely.
- Ability to work as a leader and collaborate as part of a team.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to SSAcv@solomonschechter.ca
We thank all applicants for showing an interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.